I can’t believe it’s 2012 already! 2011 was a big year for me!
- I took a photography class in San Francisco
- Got the opportunity to work on a movie ( 45RPM )
- Saw some incredible and inspiring concerts: Deftones, The Pixies, Circa Survive, to name a few.
- Painted some beautiful paintings: Feast, Tribal, Picnic, Pink
- Sold some artwork.
- Fully redesigned mycompany’s website.
- Had the opportunity to do some great photoshoots.
- Working with the Ozark Foothills Film Festival on their 2012 show.
And that’s not even the half of it! The best part about 2011 was probably my Instagram addiction. It’s an app for my phone that allows me to easily take and share pictures with my photo blog. Because of this, my 2011 is full of photos! I took at least one photo every day of 2011, all organized and tagged. I love that I can visually see each month and what was going on. (Try viewing the photo blog in grid view.)
Taking pictures every day keeps me thinking creatively and see my world differently. I am hoping to do the same for 2012, with hopes that this year’s pictures will be even more unique.
This one was created around 2008, but never was put online. I think it definitely was an early part of my The Ladies series. It is one of the few real portraits in my portfolio.. actually it may be the only portrait. This is my good friend Lou, one of the most influential and inspiring people I’ve met. She moved shortly after this painting was produced and I miss her dearly.
My latest painting went in a very different direction that other paintings I’ve done recently, kind of storybook, and I like it. It’s also very small, only 6″x9″. So check out Picnic!